SGS prepared a business case for the Australia Centre for Moving Images (ACMI) to redevelop its current spaces and keep film and digital content alive for the future. The $36.6 million visionary makeover was approved in the 2018-2019 State Budget.
SGS’s business case demonstrated the redevelopment:
- Was worthwhile and had merit over competing bids
- Was the best value-for-money option compared to other proposed solutions
- Could be delivered as planned
Earmarked for completion in 2019, the redevelopment will drive jobs and investment in Victoria’s creative and visitor economies and deliver many tangible benefits – including:
- 50 per cent increase in visitation over two years
- Doubling education visits to reach up to 150,000 young Victorians each year
- Increased visibility to deliver on Docklands to Richmond rail corridor strategy
- Significantly improved self-generated revenue and financial sustainability, and
- Technology linkages to create new partnerships with creative technology businesses, industry and academic institutions in Victoria.
The redevelopment will see ACMI internationally recognised as a leading museum of the 21st century and enhance Victoria’s reputation as the home of innovation and creativity.