Australia Centre for Moving Images
Business case secures $36.6 million for the Australian Centre of Moving Images’ visionary makeover.
We prepared a business case for ACMI to redevelop its current spaces to keep film and digital content alive for the future. The $36.6 million visionary makeover was approved in the 2018-2019 State Budget.
Our business case demonstrated that the redevelopment:
- was worthwhile and had merit over competing bids
- was the best value-for-money option compared to other proposed solutions, and
- could be delivered as planned.
The redevelopment will drive jobs and investment in Victoria’s creative and visitor economies. It is set to deliver many tangible benefits – including:
- a 50 per cent increase in visitors over two years
- doubling education visits to reach up to 150,000 young Victorians each year
- increased visibility to help deliver the Docklands to Richmond rail corridor strategy
- significantly improved self-generated revenue and financial sustainability, and
- technology linkages to create new partnerships with creative technology businesses, industry and academic institutions in Victoria.
The redevelopment will promote ACMI internationally as a leading 21st century museum and enhance Victoria’s reputation as the home of innovation and creativity.