Casual Graphic Designer
There are jobs and then there are careers
- Ongoing, casual role (5-20 hours per week)
- Work remotely from anywhere in Australia (or one of our offices)
- Join a collaborative and inclusive team working for social good
The benefits of being part of our team
SGS Economics and Planning is an employee-owned urban public policy consultancy and Certified B Corp working to shape more equitable and sustainable cities and regions. We have an inclusive and collaborative culture and attract a range of original thinkers – from planners to economists to programmers and creatives.
We have an inclusive and collaborative culture and attract a range of original thinkers – from planners to economists, to programmers and creatives from a diverse mix of public agency, private consultancy and business backgrounds.
How we work
The way we work is different. We don’t have formal departments. Instead, we form agile teams to research, analyse and create solutions. We offer an inclusive and supportive work environment and encourage our people to collaborate in new ways virtually and in our offices. We support our people wherever they are working – from our office or their home office.
We are seeking an experienced graphic designer to work between 5-20 hours per week. This is an ongoing casual position that can be based anywhere within Australia or at one of our offices in Canberra, Melbourne, or Sydney. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop. Key responsibilities will include preparing publications for print and designing graphics for print, web, and socials. The ability to edit videos is an advantage but not essential.
- Reliable and professional
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills (lodge a timesheet each week)
- Able to work to deadlines
What we offer:
- A truly flexible and remote work opportunity
- Diverse projects for various public and private companies
- A collaborative and inclusive team who support each other
- Work for certified B Corp with a social purpose
- Professional, supportive, and diverse workplace culture
The hourly rate, inclusive of casual loading, is $35 - $45 per hour based on experience (excluding superannuation).
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter plus some examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the role, please call Natalie Blanco on 03 8616 0331 or email email@example.com.
Note: All applicants must have the right to work in Australia.