Spatial Analyst (six month contract)
- Shape public policy
- Full time position to June 30, 2019
- Sydney or Melbourne (CBD locations)
- B-Corp certified company
There are jobs and then there are careers
The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. The chance to do work that is meaningful. The prospect of being around passionate people, every day. That’s the kind of work you can expect at SGS.
We are an employee-owned organisation dedicated to helping business and government make successful policy and strategy decisions for the public interest.
We attract a range of original thinkers – from planners and economists, to programmers and creatives. A certified B Corp, we are part of a global movement of leaders using business as a force for good and we work to the highest social and environmental standards. An important member of our team, you’ll be using and advancing your skills to help shape a more equitable and sustainable future for people across Australia and overseas.
We offer an inclusive workplace with the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with senior team members. We also provide formal training, career development and the chance to build consulting expertise across a range of interesting and challenging projects.
About the role
We are seeking a talented GIS Analyst with the following skills and attributes:
- Producing high quality maps and interactive digital output for clients, along with printed reports, presentations and web services
- Analysis of spatial data (demographic, land use and economic data) for projects
- Developing and maintaining spatial databases, digital products and applications, and
- Managing projects with a spatial analysis focus.
The successful applicant will have at least one year of relevant experience, and:
- Strong academic results in a Geographic Information Systems, Urban Planning/Geography or a similar degree
- A high degree of proficiency in QGIS (experience with MapInfo and ArcGIS viewed favourably
- Experience in spatial data visualisation packages (i.e. CartoDB, Shiny, Tableau, Power BI)
- A high level of numeracy and advanced MS Excel skills
- A good understanding of ABS geographies, planning systems in NSW and/or Victoria and ideally, other jurisdictions, and
- An ability and passion to tell a story through spatial visualisation.
While based in either our Sydney (Surry Hills) or Melbourne (CBD) office, you’ll work with clients across Australia. This position is full time to end June 2019.
If this role sounds like you, please send a cover letter and resume that addresses the role requirements to [email protected] before Friday 18 January 2019.
Note: Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.