- Shape public policy
- Permanent full time
- Surry Hills location
- B-Corp certified company
There are jobs and then there are careers
The opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new skills. The chance to do work that is meaningful. The prospect of being around passionate people, every day. That’s the kind of work you can expect at SGS.
We are an employee-owned organisation dedicated to helping business and government make successful policy and strategy decisions for the public interest.
We attract a range of original thinkers – from planners and economists, to programmers and creatives. A certified B Corp, we are part of a global movement of leaders using business as a force for good and we work to the highest social and environmental standards. An important member of our team, you’ll be using and advancing your skills to help shape a more equitable and sustainable future for people across Australia and overseas.
We offer an inclusive workplace with the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with senior team members. We also provide formal training, career development and the chance to build consulting expertise across a range of interesting and challenging projects.
About the role
We are seeking an early-career economist with the following skills and attributes:
- Formal Economic qualifications
- Understands the power of well-presented and accessible data
- Wants to address real-world problems and provide public policy insights
- Highly competent in collecting and preparing data from established and novel data sources
- Seeks a role that will shape the organisation’s quantitative techniques and models
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and has experience with econometrics packages such as Eviews and R (essential)
- Expertise in data analysis program languages (i.e. VBA, Python and SQL) (desirable)
- Experience in spatial analysis through GIS platforms (desirable)
- Recognises the importance of communication, with strong written and verbal interpretation
While based in our in Surry Hills office, you’ll work with clients across Australia and New Zealand and, on occasion, elsewhere internationally.
If this role sounds like you, please send a cover letter and resume that addresses the role requirements to [email protected]
Note: Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.