SGS Principal Sasha Lennon is appearing as one of the expert speakers at the International Economic Development Conference in Cairns on September 18th. The conference is being organised by Economic Development Australia (EDA).
Sasha will be presenting a report by SGS on the 2011 National Survey of Local Government and Economic Development. In early 2011, SGS partnered with EDA to prepare the national survey, which was developed to identify:
• How economic development within local government was resourced;
• Key economic development issues facing local communities;
• How local governments were responding to these key issues;
• The effectiveness of this local government response; and
• The perceived quality of key partnerships for economic development.
read Sasha Lennon's presentation 'Local Government & economic Development: A National Survey'
read the full report Local Government & Economic Development: National Survey Results of EDA Membership
Sasha will also facilitate a conference workshop. The workshop will focus on Australia's resource boom and considerations for economic development practitioners looking help their regional economies address the challenges and capitalise on the opportunities for growth.