SGS team members have recently made presentations and authored articles on:
• Agglomeration and abour productivity in Australian cities
• Melbourne's transformation : Rust belt to Renaissance
• Addressing seasonal visitor flows in Australian resort destinations
• Knowledge Hubs, Innovation Precincts, Technology Parks, Employment Centres - much more than real estate projects
• Integrating urban planning with economic development for sustainable growth
• Victorian economic outlook
• How well planned activity centres can enhance economic development
• Thinking economics when planning for Community Hubs
These are available on the SGS website at
SGS has been awarded the PIA Victoria Division's Consultant Planner of the Year for the second year in a row and also won the Social and Community Based Planning Award for ‘Dollars and Sense: The Community Value of Victorian Public Libraries'.
The ‘Werribee Plains Energy Research Project' (with Kinesis) won a Commendation for Environmental Planning or Conservation. SGS gained the PIA ACT Division's Award for Social and Community Based Planning, and the President's Award for Planning Excellence, for the "Healthy Spaces and Places National Policy Guide' (in conjunction with TPG Town Planning and Urban Design, as consultants to the ALGA, National Heart Foundation and the PIA).
PIA Queensland Division awarded SGS and project partners a Certificate of Merit for Regional Planning Achievement for the ‘Gladstone Region Economic Development Strategy'). SGS worked in association with Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Ltd (GADPL), and O'Neill Pollock & Associates in preparing the strategy.
More details about these projects